The South Australian opposition has apologised to anyone misled by information on its energy plan, after the state's Electoral Commission branded as "inaccurate" its claim that the plan would save households more than $300.
The commission ruled the claim, first made in October, was misleading as many of the savings would occur regardless of whether the plan went ahead.
The SA Liberal Party has said in a statement it respectfully disagrees with the commission's finding.
However it has apologised to anyone "misled by the comprehensive documentation publicly disclosed to explain the 'Liberal Energy Solution'".
"While we continue to respectfully disagree with the complaint to the Electoral Commissioner, we nevertheless make this statement and restate our policy position to ensure no one has been misled," the statement said.
The apology comes after Opposition Leader Steven Marshall on Wednesday opted not to heed the commission's call to retract the comments, but said his team was "looking at the issue".
He said the Liberals had been upfront about the details of their plan, having published in full a report that followed an independent verification of it.
"We've been very clear and we've been very honest with the people of South Australia," he said.
The commission also found federal Labor Senator Alex Gallacher had been "inaccurate and misleading" when he claimed in a flyer that "the Libs have a secret plan to cut $557 million of the GST share from South Australia".
Senator Gallacher issued a retraction on Wednesday and Premier Jay Weatherill said the flyer had "nothing to do" with his team.
Mr Weatherill used the findings as a chance to chide his rival, only days from Saturday's election.
"He has been misleading, he has been incompetent and South Australians cannot afford to risk their future on Steven Marshall," he told reporters.