The reputation of Australia's largest theme park has been savaged during the inquest into the deaths of four tourists at Dreamworld.
The inquest into the deaths of Cindy Low, Kate Goodchild, her brother Luke Dorsett and his partner Roozi Araghi on the Thunder River Rapids ride has closed after 31 days of testimony.
Evidence has at times been confronting as details of the accident at the Gold Coast theme park were unveiled.
Three of the four holidaymakers were flung into a mechanised conveyor when a water pump failed and the raft they were riding collided with another and partially flipped on October 25, 2016.
Panicked staff did not know what to do, with a radio call saying simply there was a "raft in the conveyor" - the first indication something disastrous had happened.
Missing slats on the conveyor belt created a void large enough for the rear of the second raft to be drawn into the gap.
A crucial delay in stopping the ride caused the jammed raft to be shaken and a fourth person to fall into the machinery.
Despite the efforts of paramedics, the four never had a chance of survival.
Ms Goodchild's 12-year-old daughter and Ms Low's 10-year-old son survived the incident.
The wide-ranging inquest, which opened in June, has unveiled a "litany of problems" with some experts declaring the tragedy was an accident waiting to happen.
Dreamworld's training systems have been heavily criticised, with revelations staff operating the ride were given 90 minutes of training.
The inquest heard a memo sent to Dreamworld staff days before the tragedy warned an emergency stop button near the unloading dock of the ride wasn't to be pushed unless in certain circumstances.
Dreamworld executives had stopped spending money on repairs and maintenance in the months before the fatal accident, it was also revealed.
A March 2016 meeting outlined monthly expenditure was $125,000 over budget on a year-to-date basis.
"Revenue is up but profit is down, cutbacks are now being enforced," the document stated.
"Repairs and maintenance spending needs to stop, only CAPEX (capital expenditure)."
Dreamworld staff admitted there had been a "total failure" to identify risks with the ride and a series of equipment failures before the accident should have raised red flags and been investigated.
Police giving evidence said multiple safety recommendations following those incidents were not implemented, including the installation of automatic sensors to detect falling water levels or a simple single total shutdown switch.
The ride was also heavily criticised as "unsafe" as it had no proper maintenance schedules, extensive cracking and corrosion with parts of the structure "propped up with timber".
Workplace Health and Safety engineers said significant alterations to the ride had never been assessed or approved and made the ride "more hazardous"
The tragedy has prompted a review of inspection procedures and a major overhaul of theme park safety across Queensland.
Dr Gary Weiss of Ardent Leisure, which owns Dreamworld, issued a statement to express remorse and deep regret over the accident.
"Our thoughts remain with the victims' families and everyone who has been affected by this terrible tragedy."
Coroner James McDougall is expected to hand down his findings next year.